On November 17th at the ESP Celebration at Birchwood Manor, the Morris County Council of Educational Associations (MCCEA) awarded our very own MPEA member Steve Aitchison the Educational Support Professional of the Year Award for Morris County. Congratulations to Steve for this well-deserved achievement!
Election Day is November 8th so please get out and vote!!! Please click here to find the list of candidates that the NJEA is endorsing.
Congratulations to the Morris Plains Borough School Class of 2016!! During the graduation ceremony on June 14, 2016, the MPEA awarded $2800 in scholarships to some of our very deserving 8th graders. The MPEA sponsored the following scholarships:
- James W Burrows Award for Scholastic Excellence
- Edith A. Chapman Award for Scholastic Achievement
- John G. Torick Award for Citizenship
- Peter D. Wikander Award for Excellence in Mathematics
- Edward Paone Language Arts Award
Congratulations to all of the winners!!
The annual MPEA Volleyball Fundraiser was held on March 4th and it was a huge success! Due to generous donations from MPEA members and local businesses and the support of students and their families in the community, we raised over $4700 for scholarships. Thank you to everyone who came out to support the event. We are proud to be a part of such a caring and generous community! Check out these pictures from the amazing event!
Photo Credit: Audrey Eapen Photos
It’s time for our annual MPEA Volleyball and Basket Raffle Fundraiser! Each year, the MPEA hosts a volleyball fundraiser where the staff play the eighth grade students. During the event, we raffle off various prize baskets which have been donated by MPEA members and the community to raise additional funds. The proceeds from the event/raffle raise money for a scholarship fund to benefit Borough School graduates who are currently seniors at Morristown High School. Our goal is to
continue to support our former students as they venture into the next stage of their learning journey. We truly believe that by supporting students in our community, it will not only help the recipient of the scholarship, but will help Morris Plains as a whole. This year, the event will be held on Friday, March 4, 2016 in the Borough School gymnasium. The doors open at 6:45pm and the volleyball games will begin at 7:30pm. Please come out and support us!!
- Standing up for every school districtOn Thursday, NJEA members from around the state joined lawmakers in Trenton to stand up for children in every school district. Earlier this week, top Democrats in both houses of the legislature came to deal on school funding that aims take $46 million dollars in state aid from some school districts and redistribute it to […] The post Standing up for every sc […]