MPEA General Meeting Minutes
May 18, 2017
15 members in attendance
Co-president, Monica Crudele, reported this was her last meeting as MPEA Co-president; Danielle Mastrogiovanni will take the title of President as of now; there will be a Borough rep that is currently on the MPEA Executive Board (an already stipend position) that will help be the liaison to Danielle at Mt. Way; THANK YOU, Monica, for your time, expertise, and dedication!!!!!
Co-president, Danielle reported:
- All union communications should now be directed to MPEA President Danielle – please update her email address to her personal email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(the email address: email@example.com will still be checked, but it doesn’t get checked as often)
- A committee list was passed around to fill in; the following were voted in (all in favor):
- Volleyball Chair filled – thank you, Gary Fiore!
- Scholarship Chairs filled – thank you, Lindsey Irwin and Felicia Politi!
- Corresponding Secretary filled – thank you, Karen Penkoski!
- Shopper filled – thank you, Monica Crudele!
- Philanthropic – thank you, Amy VanBuskirk!
- HSA Liaison – thank you, Shannon Prisco, who will continue!
- Health Care and Negotiations
- The Board decides the health care provider (the provider is not negotiable)
- As per the current contract, the provider must be equal to or better than the STATE’S INSURANCE (not our present policy)
- This change happens to be alongside our negotiations
- There will be a presentation provided on our upcoming PD Day (½ day) on Wednesday, May 24th; the health care provider rep will be here all afternoon, so please ask questions
- Uniserve (NJEA) has run the reports for the new health care provider, and they are in the loop.
- Negotiations Chairs, Denise Zalis and Mary Ellen Sullivan, met with the Board and came to an agreement; trust our negotiations team
- It’s in the best interest of our Business Administrator, too – should be on our side, since health care affects them too
- Please wait for contract details on May 30th; there will be a presentation and then we vote; if we need to wait to vote, we will
- THANK YOU, Negotiations Team!!!!!!
- Past Salary PD at Tiff’s
- Well attended and very informative; knowledgeable presenter
- If you have any ideas for a PD topic, please let Danielle know
- Treasurer’s Report, Darlene Koeck (please see attached budget – in binder)
- Upcoming Events
- See Danielle for flyers and forms e.g. Summer Leadership
- End-of-year party – will be at Zinburgers on the last ½ day for students at 3 p.m.; Wayne Looney will send out more information as the date gets closer
- Meeting Adjourned