MPEA General Meeting & Salary Guide PD at Tiffs
March 13, 2017
General Meeting Notes:
* Siobhan Cassidy, Volleyball Fundraiser Co-chair, reported:
- earned more than $4000 this year (not as much as last year)
- thank you to everyone; thank you, Wayne, for arranging the games and students
- thank you to Siobhan and Alissa for coordinating the fundraiser – outstanding job!!!
* Monica Crudele & Danielle Mastrogiovanni, Co-Presidents, reported:
- having our MPEA rep (thank you, Shannon Prisco 🙂 attending HSA meetings is a success; the HSA wants recommendations and ideas from us, so please complete the surveys that Shannon sends
- Monica will be stepping down as president at the end of the year; Danielle will step down at the end of next year; looking for a replacement for next year – particularly someone from Borough – for at least a 2 year commitment (Danielle will work with the new co-president and then step down the year after)
On behalf of all the members of the MPEA-
THANK YOU, Monica and Danielle, for all that you do for all of us!!!!
We appreciate your hard work, endless patience, and dedication to the MPEA!!!!
PD – Understanding How Salary Guides Work
The bottom lines, the take aways, what we should all know…
The word of the day – “increment” – crucial to ensuring we get more money in our pockets!
The lower the increment, the better! How do we lower it…well…
we keep those who are at the top of the guide, yep, at the top of the guide!
You go Jane, Wayne, and Ed!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Also, we have to support new hires being hired at a higher step.
Yep, put the jealousy aside, those at the top of the guide and those who get hired higher up, helps build our overall “money pot” which lessens our increment, which means more pay for each of us!
Other shocking facts…
If we settle at 2.78% (a basic average for the districts in our area), then each step increases only $285.00
As we all know, the amount of steps on our guide works against us;
if we take out step 1 (which no one is currently on), our “money pot” grows bigger
(see Gary Fiore for more fun math facts 🙂
Let’s show our support and cheer on on our hard-working, dedicated Negotiations Team!
Let’s hope for a much higher percentage!
Happy safe snow day!
~ Larissa Wilczak
MPEA Recording Secretary
Attendance (29): Monica, Danielle, Brian, Michelle C, Gary, Lindsey, Felicia, Carly, Pam, Maria L, Nikki, Patti, Karen, Wayne, Art, Scott, Ed, Hayley, Casey, Larissa, Jane, Beth, Alison, Siobhan, Lauren, Amy V, Kirstin, Alissa, Vickie